NOTE : For the purpose of this document the terms ‘us’ and ‘we’ refer to Dutch Barn Day Care for Dogs, Fairtamidllin, Castle Howard Station Road, Welburn, York, YO60 7EW, and ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the owner of the dog(s).
1. OWN RISK: We will take every care and consideration with your dog, which is accepted solely at your risk. Dutch Barn Day Care for Dogs cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property, possessions or vehicles, howsoever caused, whilst on the premises.
2. SAFETY: All dogs must be wearing a securely fastened collar and identification tag. Collars will NOT be removed during your dog’s stay for health and safety reasons. All dogs *MUST BE KEPT ON A LEAD* whilst on the premises and whilst travelling from car to kennels. All dogs have to be microchipped. The microchip number will be checked and registered by us for safety reasons.
3. VACCINATIONS: All dogs must be vaccinated against Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Distemper, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis. The Kennel Cough vaccination is adviced but not required. All vaccinations must be up to date and need to be dated from at least 3 weeks before your dog's stay with us. A minimum of two weeks from finishing an INITIAL vaccination course is required for puppies to be accepted. *WE ARE UNABLE TO ADMIT DOGS WITHOUT SIGHT OF A VALID, UP-TO-DATE VACCINATION CARD*. Please also ensure your dog’s worm and flea treatments are up to date.
4. HEALTH: You warrant that your dog is fit, sound and healthy; you must declare any existing or previous health condition PRIOR to your dog’s stay. We reserve the right to refuse any dog not fit for staying at our discretion. You must draw attention to any traits or vices that your dog may have. You authorise veterinary treatment to be carried out should it be considered necessary at our discretion, during the period of your dog’s stay. You will be required to settle any vet bills that may arise should your dog require treatment due to accident or illness whilst staying at our facilities, these are payable on collection of your dog. Should your dog require veterinary treatment, they will be treated at Station House Vets, Teal House, Welburn, YO60 7EP ONLY.
5. MEDICATION/SPECIALIST CARE: If simple medication is required, this will be undertaken provided your dog will accept the medication/care without resistance.
6. TRIAL DAY: We offer one free trial day prior to your dog’s first stay at Dutch Barn Day Care for Dogs. These are available Mon-Fri by prior arrangement only. We will be open and honest with regard to your dog’s behaviour during the trial day.
7. REFUSAL. Even after initial acceptance, we reserve the right to refuse a dog at any time, if we feel that undue stress by its stay is caused to it or other dogs. We will always be honest and open about your dog's behaviour and possible problems. If neccessary we will ask you to make other arrangements for your dog,.
8. OPENING HOURS: Mon-Fri 07.00-19.00. All dogs must be dropped off and collected within these specified opening hours. Should you be unable to collect your dog in person, your must inform us of your representative before the dog is handed over. Stays are up to a MAXIMUMof 10 hours.
8. FOOD: We do not have facilities to prepare food for your dog. If you want your dog to be fed during its stay, you will need to provide us with the freshly prepared dish every day.
9. FAILURE TO COLLECT: You authorise the re-homing/sale/disposal of your dog in the most appropriate way possible should you fail to collect your dog at the end of the day and should you fail to contact us to provide an explanation. Every effort will be made to come to a reasonable arrangement prior to taking this action as a last resort. Dutch Barn Day Care for Dogs retains the right of refusal to accept your dog again after such an event.
10. CANCELLATIONS: For cancellations within 24 hours of the due date of arrival and in the event of no notification the full amount will be due by you. We will make every effort to fill your cancelled kennel space, if this is possible we will refund your payment. If you fail to provide payment we hold the provision to refuse any follow up booking.
11. PAYMENT: Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer. We are not able to accept cheques. All payments need to be made prior to your dog’s stay. Dutch Barn Day Care for Dogs reserves the right to change their prices.
12. STAFF SAFETY: The welfare of your dog(s) during their stay is our main concern but we must also consider the safety of our staff. Should your dog behave aggressively towards our staff at a level considered by us to be unreasonable, we will contact you to arrange the immediate collection of your dog(s). We will not accept dogs that are on the list of banned dogs (see GOV.uk). This procedure ensures the safety of staff as well as your dogs.
3. PRIVACY: Any records we hold for you and your dog will be used only for our own administration purposes and will be kept safe so no third party can use them. Any photo/video footage of your dog will not be used unless you agree to it. If you agree for footage to be used (on our Facebook page) you agree to the terms and condiditons of Facebook. If you would like any footage to be removed please let us know and we will comply immediately. If you would like to check the information we hold on you/your dog, please let us know and we will comply.